Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Welcome/Croeso!

     

    +++LATEST UPDATE MAY 2016+++
    As I don't get up to Aber much at the moment, take this as a mothballed site for historical amusement. Maybe one day in 2016 I'll manage to get up there again inbetween stints manning the real world.

    Welcome to Quinno's thoroughly biased - but hopefully informative and humorous - guide to all the pubs in and around Aberystwyth; the Good, the Bad and the Downright Strange. This is a not-for-profit site, so if I praise somewhere/slag it off it is my own personal opinion, nothing more. Feel free to leave comments, stories, corrections/clarifications on the site...comments are moderated so it may take a little while for yours to appear. I only check in once a week or so.

    Enjoy the site, 
    Quinno.

    Updates
    In development
      NB - Top photo is very cool. Unfortunately I can't link to the original as I was a bit drunk when I downloaded it. Whoops.

      2 comments:

      Rhys Wynne said...

      Excellent idea for a blog. I've visited Aberystwyth (the San Fransico of Wales) a few times to visit friends a really like the town - great place for drinking.

      I guess you're happy taking your own photo's, but quite alot of pubs from aber are available here
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/tafarndaicymru/pool/

      Quinno said...

      Hi Rhys,

      Thanks for the link - it's excellent.

      I prefer to take my own pics where possible (for copyright purposes) but there's a couple on there I may ask permission to use.

      "The San Francisco of Wales" - very apt!

      CheersQuinno